29 September 2004

Digicams: The quest for the holy grail

It seems like much of my life is consumed by the search for the perfect digital camera. And of course, Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Shopping applies--the longer I look, the more things change. At least I think I've defined my requirements now. All I'm after is a digital SLR with a stabilised 12x zoom and swiveling screen, of at least 8 megapixel resolution. And it has to be small enough to fit comfortably in my pocket, and cost no more than $500 US. Simple, right?

There have already been some interesting encounters on the quest--stay tuned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha..i had the same dilemma as u...few months i bought my digicam, they put up more powerful ones for the same price....argh

eebahgum! said...

Technology marches on at pace, doesn't it? But I guess you can tell yourself that if the camera you bought did the job for you when you bought it, then it probably still does even if a new model has come out.